I invite you to add your web site to this page. Send comments and suggestions to
Follow these links to other sites that may be of interest:
Pony Express Sites
Oregon-California Trails Association
Historical, Genealogical Research Sites
Long Distance Trail Organizations
Other Sites of General Interest
- High Desert Drifters Ghost Town Explorations. This is one of the best sources of
information on ghost towns in the American West. Ghost towns are listed by
state and include biographies, pictures, and other
detailed ghost town historical information.
- California National Historical Trail
- The Eldorado National Forest Interpretive Association (ENFIA) web site covers all aspects of information pertaining to the Eldorado National Forest including the Pony Express route that passes through the forest.
- History of the U.S. Postal Service has a listing of museums and research libraries along the Trail.
- TRAILS WEST -- MARKERS OF THE CALIFORNIA EMIGRANT TRAIL
- Mormon Trail Web Site
- Central Pacific Railroad Photographic History Museum - stereoviews,
engravings, maps, and documents illustrating the history of the first
- Wyoming Tales and Trails featuring Photographs and History of Old Wyoming
- Lewis and Clark Home Page
- John Charles Frémont, Explorer, Mapmaker, Soldier
- Shadows of the Past a living history reenactment group
- The Wild Wild West contains stories of some of the more interesting Renegades, Rebels, & Rogues of the old west.
- Adams Museum, Deadwood, South Dakota
- Jim Janke's Old West Page
- Donner Party Web Site
- Cowboy/Western Reference URLs
- Sunset Magazine's Western Wanderings
- Overland Trail Home Page
- Trails West
- Oregon Trail
- Western History
- Western Outlaw-Lawman History Association
- Personalities of the West
- Plains Indians
- Little Big Horn Associates
- Wet & Dry Routes Chapter Home Page
- The Interactive Santa Fe Trail (SFT)Home Page
- America's West - Development & History
Other Sites of General Interest
- Rope and Wire web site is a gathering place for Western Writers, Cowboy Poets and Old Western Movie Buffs.
- Western World, a Pony Express web site from Aardstraat, Belgium.
- Driving Pairs, a web site totally dedicated to driving multiple hitches.
- Trails & Grasslands: A Great Plains Adventure Guide is a web site to get people to think about taking trips out
along historic trails in the West. The site includes many tips, photos and interesting links.
- Best Western Music is a website where several Cowboy entertainers have space for information and CD/Tape/Book sales.
- The Real Cowboy Agency is dedicated to the preservation of authentic American Cowboy traditions through storytelling, western music ballads, cowboy poetry, and education of the cowboy way of life.
- Pony Express Club by Robert Stark of Reno, Nevada
- The Young Riders Saddlin' Station
- The Young Riders Express Station Page
- Young Riders
Home page based on the television show
- Lone Hand Western is your source for western history, cowboy and chuck wagon lore, chuck wagon recipes, Dutch oven cooking, re-enacting and Western Music.
- Kelly's Big Valley page.
- St. Joseph, Missouri, Convention and Visitors Bureau
- High Wild & Lonesome Cowboy Adventures in Wyoming provide rides on the Pony Express Trail near South Pass on the Continental Divide on good Horses, with comfortable full-service camp. Small groups and expansive western Country make these adventures more exciting than any dude ranch ride!
- Monument Gallery has many pictures of ghost towns, tombstone, lincoln etc.
- The History Traveler site
lists historical sites and events nationwide.
- Under the Western Sky, a monthly webzine of astronomy and lore for the Western United States.
- Double J Ranches located at Callao, Utah, is a guest (dude, if you will) ranch located on the Pony Express trail.
- California State Historical Landmarks is a collection of photographs of California State Historical Landmark plaques by Donald Larson - a number of which are Pony Express-related.